Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity

Getting Things Done by David    Allen

Well, thank you computer. This is my second attempt at writing a review, my computer somehow decided to "eat" the first one. Anyway, this book is full of information, to the point where I reread paragraphs and pages just to make sure I understood the concepts David Allen was laying out before me. Therefore, it took me much longer than I expected to read this book, but it was very much worth every minute I spent doing it.

Allen is inspiring with this book, including quotes from famous people to reinforce his methodology, and little experiences Allen has had working with others on his methodology. This book is also very good for quotes itself, as Allen makes some very good statements that encompass his strategy. I also found out that I had been implementing a few things from his methodology since first finding out about from Boho Berry on her blog some years ago.

The methodology is set up to be effective throughout the changes life throws at us: career changes, technology, and even relationships (Allen relates that he and his wife add 'stuff' to each others' inboxes). Another thing that Allen advises is after implementing this methodology, to come back and read the book again in two to six months. I think I just might do that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Things Done.

May 14, 2019 – Started Reading