Tabitha Bouldin's Reviews > More to Love

More to Love by Robin M. Helm

82098415

bookshelves: 2019

I’m gonna say it. Whimsical. I’ve been waiting *forever* to say that about a book. Now, I can. Truth Alert: I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice (I’m ducking away from the computer. I can feel your gasps and cries of consternation.) I’ve been meaning too…really! That being said, I cannot compare More to Love with Pride and Prejudice. I’ll simply have to report on the book itself.

I found More to Love to be a fun book, as you’ve likely discovered from my use of whimsical earlier. Elizabeth and Darcy are flawed, dramatic, and often hilarious. Elizabeth takes his words to heart and Darcy seems to always be doubtful he can trust Elizabeth. I see this relationship going all over the map, in a fun, annoying way.

Robin Helm does well with descriptions and character portrayal. Her writing style is lyrical and clean, very reminiscent of poetry with its steady cadence. There is very little romance, making More to Love a clean read appropriate for all ages.

Elizabeth’s reactions to Darcy’s words at the beginning of the story show how harmful and shameful comments can be. Her worth should not be dependent on physical looks, no ones should. Your worth lives in how you act, how you love, and the way you represent God. Darcy is arrogant and must learn the consequences of his actions by continuously fighting to win Elizabeth’s affection.

From a spiritual standpoint, there are Bible verses or appropriate quotes at the beginning of each chapter, and Elizabeth mentions God twice, I think. Otherwise, He is between the lines, showing up in Elizabeth’s forgiveness and Darcy’s desire to protect the woman he loves.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. I was not required to leave a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More to Love.

Finished Reading