Ayvid's Reviews > XV

XV by Lana Sky

U 50x66

It is a very intense and captivating book. Once you pick it up, you would want to keep continuing, despite being traumatised or scarred by some of the things happening. It'll make you feel and cry. You'll want to hate Mischa but it won't be possible. He is going to be cruel and merciless (though that's debatable because I personally think he did bend the rules many times) and you'll think how can you like someone like that but he is just one of those anti-heroes you love and are curious to know why he is the way he is now. On the other hand, there's Ellen, who is a very confusing character because most of the times she breaks away from what she expected of herself and her inner monologues and struggles leave you frustrated. But once you understand her struggles and the transformation, you can relate. It is quite relatable to what anyone of us deals with when trying to break away from some strictly followed societal, social or familial roles and obligations we are put in (though in a mellowed down degree since we are not trained by torture in the way she is).

In all, if you're a fan of dark plots, this is a book you should read, you'll not be disappointed. Though, it'll leave you with too many hopes and wishes but in a good way. You'll want to continue to see what becomes of their story, wheter she'll discover the truth about her mother, if there will be a love story of these two scarred souls, if what Vanya wishes for Mischa will come true, etc.

Do give it a read. The story is great as expected from the author. She can make me read a genre which I do not like, that in itself tells you a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read XV.

Finished Reading