Alison's Reviews > Alpha's Promise

Alpha's Promise by Rebecca Zanetti

Three and a half stars, I knocked half a star off because I'm bored of heroes with Dom tendencies.

This is perfect (see above) Rebecca Zanetti paranormal escapism. Ivar Kjeidsen the hybrid vampire/demon Viking was trapped in a hell dimension/bubble for eons and has finally been released, but his mission is to get back and rescue Quade, his fellow member of the Seven, who is still trapped.

Dr Promise Williams is a brilliant physicist with poor people skills. At the funeral of a colleague who was ripped apart by savage animals she is almost kidnapped by Ivar until her quick thinking lets her get away, but she meets him again when applying for a monumental grant and learns that Ivar is trying to protect her from whoever/whatever is murdering physicists.

The Seven want Promise to theorise about how to rescue Quade, but their sworn enemies, the Kurjan are trying to capture Promise.

Do you like stories with vampires, demons, fae, hybrids, immortals, larger than life characters and super powers? If so I think you'll love this. There's a whole host of characters, most of whom I can't keep straight, overreaching arcs, sub-plots, set ups for future novels, true love, mating, branding, travel to different dimensions (the immortals wish they'd never given humans that word), cute moppets who may just save the universe, double-crossing exes, geniuses and a whole boat load of alpha male testosterone. Rebecca Zanetti never takes herself too seriously and this is a sexy rip-roaring read from start to finish.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Bumped for release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha's Promise.

May 14, 2019 – Started Reading
May 14, 2019 – Shelved
May 14, 2019 –
33.0% "Gawd I love this series, it's such a guilty pleasure. OTT alpha males, scarily talented women, scary baddies and all the money in the world. Just a joy to read!"
May 15, 2019 –
83.0% "Yawn, Ivar likes to dominate - just once I'd like one of these big bad guys to be all sweet and nice in the bedroom and not default to a caveman with Dom tendencies"
May 15, 2019 – Finished Reading