Keisha's Reviews > Match-Made Christmas

Match-Made Christmas by Daria White

30019291

liked it

This is my first read by Daria White and it shows promise.

This should have been a quick and easy read, but it took me a few days to get through it. The characters were okay, but could have been developed more. Adrienne left home to pursue her dream as a writer. Upon returning home for her bestie's wedding, she begins to realize how much she misses the town and its people. Trace is the best man in the wedding and looking forward to seeing Adrienne again. They grew up together and constantly bickered, in a fun kinda way.

The book is laden with editing issues, mostly missing words, that began to annoy me. Hopefully this will be corrected before release. The book is written in dual pov that I found insightful and easy to follow. The story was sweet and clean, though I wanted the main characters to just open their mouths and say what everyone else already knew!

There were parts of the story that caused me to smile, but the story did not engross me in it. I did not feel an urgency to pick the story up after putting it down. I think this book is a good start though. I would try another book by this author because I see promise of good clean stories, a rarity.

I was given a free copy of this book from Booksprout. My opinion is my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match-Made Christmas.

Finished Reading