Elaine's Reviews > Rough And Deadly

Rough And Deadly by Paula Williams

32020643
This is the first book I've read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it - I'll definitely be looking out for more by her in future.

The murder mystery is set in the village of Much Winchmoor in Somerset - and yes, there's someone there who makes cider! That person is Abe and he's the prime suspect for the police when the lady who tries to act like she's the lady of the manor, Margot Duckett-Trimble, turns up murdered, especially because she'd been threatening to have his cider making shut down and days later is found in one of his cider vats!Katie Latchman now prefers to be known as Kat. She's a local lass who escaped the village but has returned after things didn't work out for her in Bristol. She's a freelance journalist who some of the locals are nicknaming Miss Marple after she helped bring a murderer to justice. Her detective skills are going to be needed again to help clear Abe and find out just who the real killer is!

This story has a great village community with an eclectic mix of characters all adding to the enjoyment of reading this story. There are secrets, a blackmailer, romance, threats, a noisy dog called Prescott and so much more in this dramatic story. Even though it is a murder mystery, the story is told with humour and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments in it, the only worry is will Kat manage to solve who the murderer is without getting killed herself?

I requested and was gifted a copy of this book and this is my honest review after choosing to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough And Deadly.

May 12, 2019 – Started Reading