Leslie Lindsay's Reviews > Wherever She Goes

Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong

Juicy, twisty, can't-put-down psychological thriller about a child abduction, a questionable narrator with a dark past, and so much more in WHEREVER SHE GOES

I was completely smitten with WHEREVER SHE GOES (June 25, Minotaur Books) by New York Times bestselling author, Kelley Armstrong, whose work I've yet to read. Just how far would YOU go to save a child? How far would you go to prove to the authorities that you are not delusional, that you know what you saw and you are worried about a child in danger? That's the overarching question of this book, where Aubrey Finch is just sure she saw a boy taken from the playground against his will.

But the officers called onto the case say no one has reported a missing child; end of case. But Aubrey is insistent. She spoke with the boy and his mother just recently at that very park; they exist. The boy is missing. But Aubrey is recently separated from her defense attorney husband and she doesn't have full custody of their daughter--in fact, she only sees her daughter on the weekends. Something must be 'wrong' with Aubrey, right? People start questioning *her* sanity--and Aubrey hears the whispers. Yet she is determined to find the boy.

I loved Aubrey's tenacity--her strong, determined personality absolutely shines. She's intelligent, but often makes poor, unwise decisions...yet all of these moments propel the narrative. The end got a little too action-y (for me), but the events unfold in such a way that is inevitable.

WHEREVER SHE GOES is whip-smart, twisty, and such a page-turner. I loved every minute. Plenty of set-up and creepy thrills in this easy but tense read, with plenty of complex characters. Definitely add this one to your summer reading list.

WHEREVER SHE GOES reminded me so much of the writing style of Mary Kubica, especially EVERY LAST LIE (2017) and also the 2017 movie KIDNAP (starring Halle Berry). Readers of Shari Lapena and B.A. Paris will also appreciate this one.

For all my reviews, including author interviews, please see: www.leslielindsay.com|Always with a Book
Special thanks to SMP/Minotaur Books for this review copy. All thoughts are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wherever She Goes.

May 13, 2019 – Shelved