Jena Henry's Reviews > Nobody Tells Lia Anything

Nobody Tells Lia Anything by Carol Maloney Scott

Yes, nobody tells Lia anything, including her recently departed (except when she sounds like a ghostly gang member) Grandmother. Lia is adorable and has to deal with a bunch of characters that will make you laugh.

The story begins with Lia and her parents at the reading of the will of Lia’s grandmother, her Dad’s mother. Lisa’s parents are hippies from Vermont and her dad is a famous “Happiness Guru” who is always happy, and equally happy to share his “Happiness Tenets.” (I’m laughing again, just writing this!)

Turns out that the will has an unusual provision and Lia must move to her Grandmother’s apartment complex in a small Virginia town, Applebarrow. According to her late grandmother’s desires, Lia must live there as the apartment manager for a year and bring the residents of the complex closer together.

We have fun meeting all the residents of the apartments as Lia helps them to plan monthly get-togethers. One of the residents is the attractive Logan. Will Lia settle in to the country life?

Maybe, but she’s young, a recent college grad trying to find her way. She has left a boyfriend and her plans for the future back in Richmond. Can she find her way with this crazy new life? (Turns out she can’t literally find her way, she gets lost a bunch, but we cheer her on as she figuratively tries to find herself.)

Readers, you will laugh and have fun with all of Lia’s antics. Good writing by Author Carol Maloney Scott. The book was a bit slow and repetitive for me, but overall, I had a good time in Applebarrow! Thanks to The Letterers Collective for a review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody Tells Lia Anything.

Finished Reading