Susan K's Reviews > Summer by the Tides

Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter

bookshelves: 2019, arc, contemporary, death, family, fiction, forgiveness, friendship, christian, grief, marriage, netgalley, romance, secrets

Romance, clean; mild Christian faith elements
4.5 for me as a reader. Rounded up, this deserves to be widely read. Gorgeous small town, family story with a sweet, heartfelt romance. This is by far my favorite book of Denise Hunter's. She captures the misunderstandings, hurts, hearts, and moments of this family to a 'T'. The characters, setting, and the story line were honest, real, hurting, and genuine. This was a perfect read for me. With the Christian setting, so many novels deal with drastically fallen characters that have to redeem themselves, and while I get that story line, this is a novel of forgiveness and healing without the awfulness and consequences of a deep sin. (I am not judging, just commenting). This was truly every day life at its lowest, complex, but salvageable state. The problems were there, they weren't easy to fix or forgive, but they lived, they loved, and as they tried to muddle through, they were able to see the light of hope and peace through their efforts and returning to faith as well. The Christian faith elements were sweet, gentle and honest. Loved how they were included in this novel.
Along with all of this, Maddy and Connor's story, their hearts was a lovely gorgeous read. It was 'real' in the most honest sense and the characters just bled, hoped, hurt, and loved through this story. Highly recommend if you love a good romance with some forgiveness and growth in it. Perfect read for me. Again, my favorite of everything I have read of Denise Hunters'.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer by the Tides.

May 13, 2019 – Shelved