James's Reviews > Wearing the Cape

Wearing the Cape by Marion G. Harmon

bookshelves: superheroes

I have to say I did enjoy this book. It brought you into a world were an event triggered the creation of Superheroes across the world. The author didn't focus on the event itself, instead option to say that at this point no one has found the solution as to what happened.

The books follow the breakthrough (The term used for people who develop super powers during events of high stress or life threatening proportions.) of one individual, Astra aka Hope Carrigan, takes on a new life as she learns to cope with what she has become and what it means for her future. Add in the mix that she is quickly drawn deeply into the events surrounding a 'SuperVillian' named The Teatime Anarchist, you quickly see her fighting to cope with all of the vents and gain a firm understanding of her own role in the future.

I actually highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys SuperHero fiction or anyone who enjoys reading about someone who finds themselves in uncertain times and how they grow to meet their future in the changed environment they find themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wearing the Cape.

Started Reading
February 18, 2012 – Finished Reading
February 22, 2012 – Shelved
February 22, 2012 – Shelved as: superheroes

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda That's so strange, this book almost sounds like the TV series "Heroes" that I watched when it was on the first season a 3 or 4 years ago. It got weird after the first year and I stopped watching it. I may have to pick this book up. thanks