Sarah's Reviews > Rage

Rage by Linda Burson

U 50x66

A great read about anger. Marcy has been struggling at life with constant nightmares filling her dreams. This sleep deprivation makes her aggravated and his anger invades her life, making her explode over the smallest things. When her boyfriend leaves her over it, she gets even more angry.. One night when trying to get some petrol, she is held at gunpoint and her anger full explodes. Afterwards, she meets Liam, a man on a quest for revenge. Following on this quest for revenge, Marcy uses her anger to help him find the answers. But along the way she discovers love and feelings. Can anger truly solve all your problems?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns. Well developed characters like Brad trying to be supportive but having a breaking point or Jill wise and kind but also funny and caring. Great cast of supporting characters like the charming Rita or the chatty Sal. However, I felt that Marcy was too angry to be likeable. I felt this anger was too melodramatic, as sleep deprivation and nightmares only make you so grumpy and not to that extent. If this was toned down, it would be more believable and relatable.
I loved the visual detail throughout the novel like with the coffee shop full of life and people and colourful décor comforting and welcoming with its smells of coffee and tastes of lemon meringue pie so strong its as if you're actually there. Or the sense of the busy city with its traffic fullof noise and people. I also liked the contrast from the bright yellows of the past and the grey rains and blacks of the present to indicate her mood changes wonderfully written.
The flashbacks worked well to display how things have changed and didn't disrupt too much from the narrative of the present. Overall, a great read and I would give it four stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rage.

May 13, 2019 – Started Reading