Annie's Reviews > Chocolate a la Murder

Chocolate a la Murder by Kirsten Weiss

Book 4 in the series. I've read a previous one (perhaps no 1?) in the series, and enjoyed it for its unusual setting in a paranormal museum - run by Maddie Kosloski, who doesn't even really believe in the paranormal!

This was chocolate-themed, with Wine & Chocolate Days of San Benedetto drawing tourists to town and Maddie sets up displays of chocolate from the new boutique chocolate shop in town, a haunted molinillo (whisk), and offers readings from a psychic using hot chocolate instead of tea. The molinillo is in her museum because it apparently rattles in its container when someone lies.

When she finds one of the owners of the chocolate shop dead in the kitchen, covered with chocolate, she is drawn into the investigation of what happened and why. Along with her friends, GD the ghost-hunting (and Maddie-hater) cat, and her mom, Maddie starts to look into why someone would want the chocolatier dead.

Although I did figure out who did it (and why), I enjoyed the story overall. It was quite fun and passed the time very well. I'm already looking forward to the next in the series.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for the ARC to read and review. All opinions are strictly my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate a la Murder.

May 12, 2019 – Started Reading