Alyssa's Reviews > Two Like Me and You

Two Like Me and You by Chad Alan Gibbs

liked it

Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced reader's copy of Two Like Me and You in exchange for an honest review.
Two Like Me and You is a coming of age story that almost felt reminiscent of a John Green novel to me. It is the story of Edwin, a teenager who is going through a break-up after his girlfriend suddenly became famous. He becomes paired with Parker, the new girl in school, for a history project. Parker introduces him to Garland Lennox to interview for their project, who is in a nursing home as a World War II veteran. Together, the three of them find themselves on an adventure to France to help Garland find his long lost love. Along the way, they find themselves in trouble they never imagined. The characters learn many lessons throughout their journey and I liked how you get to see them evolve.
Two Like You and Me is definitely a feel-good adventure type story. At times, there was so much going on in the books -the plot was unrealistic, though I do understand this is fiction. This book was very sweet and light-hearted. I really wanted to enjoy this story more than I did. Unfortunately, I just personally could not feel a connection to the characters or the story on a whole. That is not to say that others will feel the same - I truly do think many people will fall in love with this book and the characters as they navigate their life. I just might have not been the proper audience for this book.
It is overall a sweet story and I am sure that many will enjoy this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Like Me and You.

May 12, 2019 – Started Reading