C.J. Anthony's Reviews > I'm Saying Yes

I'm Saying Yes by E.N. Holland

Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: ebooks-on-my-nook

I'm really starting to like historicals and after reading the summary of this book was very interested to read about these men who are trying to build a life in the era of the 70's. So many of the reviews called it "Brokeback Mountain with a happy ending." So I kind of knew what to expect going in, I just didn't realize HOW much like Brokeback it was. Like, the main characters had different names but their back stories were pretty much completely identical to the characters in the movie.

But... I loved the movie. And this book is a bit of an alternate universe of the movie. What would have happened if Ennis had been brave enough to take a chance and he and Jack had tried to make a life together? This book takes us on the story of how their journey might have gone.

So while I wanted to give this 3 stars for the copycat portions, I give it 4 stars for giving us the happy ending for these two. And also for the story of Hal and Pete, which broke my heart. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Saying Yes.

February 21, 2012 – Started Reading
February 21, 2012 – Shelved
February 21, 2012 – Shelved as: ebooks-on-my-nook
February 23, 2012 –
February 24, 2012 –
90.0% "Aw, Hall & Pete's story just broke my heart. :("
March 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

Connie I couldn´t bring myself to change the rating once I fouund out it was FF.