Lola 's Reviews > Daisy Jones & The Six

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

bookshelves: 2019-favourites, 2019-publications, music, love-hate-relationships

This was pretty darn fascinating. I have never read anything like it before and that alone deserves praise from me because I don’t frequently find myself reading something I have no clue what other book to compare it with. I also have no clue how the author came up with such an original idea, which makes me really want to develop superpowers in order to read her mind. Just a little.

I have always had a thing for enigmatic characters, so it’s no wonder I became obsessed with Daisy Jones, like pretty much the rest of the world. I don’t admire her addiction or lack of self-realization, but I do admire her confidence, effortless style, talent and ability to simply… not care. Until, of course, she does. Turns out life really doesn’t conspire to make all of your wishes come true.

The interview format of the story worked for me perfectly. The main reason why I had no qualms with it was because when there are interviews featured in the stories I read, they add a je-ne-sais-quoi to the atmosphere, so having 300+ pages of interviews was quite something and added realism to the multi-dimensional characters and multi-layered story. Plus it’s an absolute breath of fresh air to have meaningless description found in most stories replaced with continuous smart dialog and recollection of events.

It starts slow, very innocently, with background on Daisy Jones, Billy and the other musicians. But the further you read, the more you know and the more the characters’ dynamics are revealed to you. There is drama, of course, but it’s a quiet, almost calculated drama that somehow is elusive at first, then gains momentum as the interviews progress, until it explodes into a hundred flames.

Loved this book. If you hated it, wait at least a few days to tell me why or I will judge you relentlessly.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daisy Jones & The Six.

May 12, 2019 – Started Reading
May 12, 2019 – Shelved
May 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by KAS (new) - rated it 4 stars

KAS So glad you loved this one too, Lola ;) Fantastic review!! ❤️

Alex I’m looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—I’m glad you enjoyed it so much!

message 3: by madandelion (new) - added it

madandelion Great review. <3 Cannot wait to read this book.

Natalie This is one of my favorite books of the year so far--so glad that you liked it!

message 5: by Warda (new) - added it

Warda Judge away regardless I say. :D

Natalie Love your review and this book! Still keep thinking about it and can't believe this band and Daisy are figments of author's imagination.

Aj the Ravenous Reader You definitely caught my interest with this review, Lola. And I remember liking one the author's books so much so I will definitely try this too. <3

Lola KAS wrote: "So glad you loved this one too, Lola ;) Fantastic review!! ❤️"

Aw thanks!!

Lola Alex wrote: "I’m looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—I’m glad you enjoyed it so much!"

I'm excited for you!!

Lola madandelion wrote: "Great review. <3 Cannot wait to read this book."

Thank you!! Enjoy!

Lola Natalie wrote: "This is one of my favorite books of the year so far--so glad that you liked it!"

Me too!! Top ten for sure :)

Lola Warda wrote: "Judge away regardless I say. :D"

hahah yes m'am!

Lola Natalie wrote: "Love your review and this book! Still keep thinking about it and can't believe this band and Daisy are figments of author's imagination."

right?? They must exist… somewhere

Lola Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "You definitely caught my interest with this review, Lola. And I remember liking one the author's books so much so I will definitely try this too. <3"

Evelyn Hugo?? I gotta read that one. Pretty sure you'll love this, Aj ;)

message 15: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic I'm gonna bump this up on my TBR. Love your review, Lola dear! <3

Christina Reads and her cat Hunter ok. ur fun and all, but can u not swear plz?

Lola lmao no, I can't not swear if that's what I want to do. Read someone else's reviews if mine offend you haha!

Aj the Ravenous Reader Lola wrote: "Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "You definitely caught my interest with this review, Lola. And I remember liking one the author's books so much so I will definitely try this too.

Evelyn Hugo?? I go..."

It was "Maybe In Another Life" but I probably will love this too and that other book you mentioned. Lol. <3

Pamala This is my current read! So far I have loved everything that Taylor Jenkins Reid have written so I have no doubt I'd love this too. Great review! Now I am even more excited.