Katherine's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

RATING: 4 Out Of 5

Let me start off by saying I am so glad I gave this series another go; after being very dissapointed with Revis's first instalment in her Across the Universe series: Across the Universe which i only gave 2.5 out of 5, I still decided that I should read the second one after getting told by many others that the second one was much better and I definitely must agree. Whilst Across the Universe was boring for a lot of the novel and there wasn't a lot of character depth - A Million Suns eradicates all my complaints. It was exciting, suspenseful and had lots of character depth from both Amy and Elder. The story’s twists helped make this novel, and I found that I couldn't finish this novel quick enough.

Basically this novel picks up straight from the first novel, Orion has been frozen for his crimes in the first novel but it seems now someone else is making trouble aboard Godspeed, murder is happening, fights are breaking out, theres rebellion from the workers and there’s also whispers of mutiny among those within the ship itself, but whilst all this drama is going on, there is still the constant-ness of Elder and Amy's relationship; readers get to experience their relationship grow and deepen in so many ways that we didn't get to see in book 1.

This novel surprised me, in such a good way and it has changed my attitude toward this series completely; I anxiously wait for book 3: Shades of Earth

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.

February 21, 2012 – Shelved
February 21, 2012 – Shelved as: dystopian-post-apocalyptic
February 21, 2012 – Shelved as: science-fiction-science-experiment
April 13, 2012 – Started Reading
April 14, 2012 –
page 51
13.21% "im liking this so far"
April 14, 2012 –