Lauriston Muirhead's Reviews > Secrets of the In-Group

Secrets of the In-Group by Carolyn Re

U 50x66

Read 2 times

This is not my genre - but I’m hooked! I know very little about contemporary women’s fiction but, if this is an example, I want more!
This story is superbly put together. Wonderfully focused observations of people, things and the beautiful city of Albury create real and amusing imagery. The story is intriguingly complex but not too complex for a new and unsophisticated reader such as me to follow.
The characters are great fun and relationships develop happily and amusingly and then suddenly at the touch of a mobile phone button - Wham! It goes from great fun to utterly un-put-downable!
Carolyn and Loretta Re make this book not only a great read, but an essential, modern cautionary tale about some of the joys and horrors of the internet. Fun, clever and there is even some lovely “...and drawing him closer still!”
Although the story draws exciting loose ends and teetering relationships to a satisfying conclusion, I do hope there is a sequel if not a series! I will be first in line at the book shop!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the In-Group.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
Finished Reading
May 11, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
May 11, 2019 – Shelved
August 10, 2019 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)