Richard Denney's Reviews > Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman by Lily Blake

Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-favorites

I did it!! I finished the book before I saw the movie at 5:00pm today.

MOVIE:
You know what? I loved the book and the movie. Charlize Theron is a wonderful actress and she went hard as the Evil Queen "Ravenna". Chris Hemsworth *Swoon* I love him and as "Eric" he was perfect. I can't see anyone replacing him. Now onto Snow White... Snow... Oh, Snow... Kristin... Snow... WHY? To be honest I still don't think she brought anything to "Snow White". I'm sorry Twilighters but she will forever be Bella frickin Swan. I wish they would have gotten Malese Jow. She would have made a wonderful Snow White. The movie was great, I loved the score, all of the actors except for Kristin. I loved her In "The Runaways" and "Panic Room" but not as Snow White. I also heard it will be a trilogy. What??? how? and why? The movie ended and everything is well. Why two more movies? how in the fuck will they pull this shit off?? I don't get it. I honestly don't get how there will be two more movies. It's insane.
description

BOOK:
The novel is a tie-in to the motion picture. What does this mean? it means that the author Lily Blake took the script and worked it into novel form. Lily Blake! you did a spectacular job converting the script into a book. I applaud you tremendously! The book was fast paced, full of action, and I couldn't stop reading it. Why can't more authors write books like this? the character development was perfect, the story line was set, and the writing was freaking awesome. Even though this is a novelization of a movie, it has become one of my favorites of 2012. This book was 220 pages, did you hear that kiddos? 220 pages! not 500, not 900, not 1000, 220 pages. And what a bomb ass 220 paged book that was. If there are any others besides me out there reading this, take pointers from Lily's writing, she knows how to give you everything in a small amount and I hope to read one of her own books soon. This is my opinion, you may hate the book and the movie but that is all you. I enjoyed both but I loved the book more. Also, there are differences with the book and the movie. Some things are explained better in the book and there are more scenes. All thanks to the writer.

Read the book before you see the movie! :)

-R.D.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow White & the Huntsman.

February 21, 2012 – Shelved
June 15, 2012 – Started Reading
June 15, 2012 –
page 50
22.73% "I'm trying to read this before I see the movie Saturday at 5pm!"
June 16, 2012 – Finished Reading
July 27, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-favorites

message 1: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Costello I agree with you. I thought she fit the roles of what she has already played, but she is no Snow White. I think the girl in "Mirror, Mirror" was a better Snow White.

Richard Denney Megan wrote: "I agree with you. I thought she fit the roles of what she has already played, but she is no Snow White. I think the girl in "Mirror, Mirror" was a better Snow White."

Yes, Lily Collins would have been a better fit or Lucy Hale, Malese Jow, or Alexandra Daddario.

message 3: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Costello Agreed!

message 4: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Moro Totally agree with you!

message 5: by Dalton (new)

Dalton Gamroth i actually thought the same as you, but i just saw it, and kristin . . . was brilliant. so unlike bella swan it was crazy.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Absolutely Agree!!! I want to see the movie, yet I know I am not going to like her in it already. Ugh!

message 7: by Gregory A (new)

Gregory A im so glad you like this book. I've seen the movie and loved it. Now you just wanted me to read the book. can't wait. (:

message 8: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett I loved the movie! So now I need to read the book if you thought it was so good. :)) But I was wondering .. In the book do they go more into detail about the mirror? And also about the Forest Spirit?

Richard Denney Scarlett wrote: "I loved the movie! So now I need to read the book if you thought it was so good. :)) But I was wondering .. In the book do they go more into detail about the mirror? And also about the Forest Spirit?"

They go into a lot more detail with everything, which is why I loved the book more. I loved that there were more scenes.

message 10: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Richard wrote: "Scarlett wrote: "I loved the movie! So now I need to read the book if you thought it was so good. :)) But I was wondering .. In the book do they go more into detail about the mirror? And also about..."

Awesome! I'll need to go out and buy it!

message 11: by Shanella (new)

Shanella I think I like your choice for Snow White over Hollywood's!

message 12: by M. (new)

M. There only two things that bothered me about the movie. First, the unresolved love triangle at the end. Was Snow going to keep the prince and the huntsman? Second problem, bad casting of Snow White.

Richard Denney Michelle wrote: "There only two things that bothered me about the movie. First, the unresolved love triangle at the end. Was Snow going to keep the prince and the huntsman? Second problem, bad casting of Snow White."

They are making a unneeded sequel so they will probably tie that up there.

message 14: by Inggi (new)

Inggi Im so dissapointed with kristen stewart cos she looks like bella..in any movies..

message 15: by Inggi (new)

message 16: by Inggi (new)

Richard Denney Jeremy wrote: "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you don't like Kristen Stewart??"

I like her I just didn't think she fit as Snow White.