Sonic Catharsis's Reviews > Self-Transformation through Music

Self-Transformation through Music by Joanna Crandall

I honestly struggle to understand the low ratings on this book, I found this book to be an excellent read, particularly for anyone interested in sonic healing. This book takes a different approach from others I have read, but it certainly left an indelible mark Without really alluding to chakras or energetic systems this book takes the approach of entering the hero's journey, to challenge your self beliefs and to listen to music with new ears, ears attuned to the earth and your body and the rhythm of life. This book is a self-exploration, confronting old ideals and beliefs and opening your mind and perspective to music to listen to the world with an open mind and empathetic heart.

Joanne explores music from the usual perspective, vibration , rhythm and pulse, energy and breath, time, melody and tone, structure and form, silence and harmony. But she takes each concept and develops it, while she does not talk of Eastern and esoteric energetic principles in her text, the concepts are layered in the text in a way that brings self discovery and understanding of our own self, our true story and the convergence of our minds and emotions through music which expresses the soul by grounding us to ourselves in our bodies, we connect with spirit and open our wings. This book is an amazing transformational journey!

For some reason, her very easy to read and understand text, while vastly different from texts that focus on chakras and the traditions of the East, something about the delivery of her lessons made some concepts click for me in a new way, nicely rounding out my wisdom about sonic healing.

I highly recommend this book to all sonic healing. This book is also recommended for anyone who is a spiritual seeker. Music provides us with a portal to the universal, to our highest selves, if you are searching, or seeking for answers and you know that they can be found within, this book gives you a way to go within and explore your feelings and your mechanisms of self expression. Great Read, this one will be on my bookshelf for years to come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Self-Transformation through Music.

May 10, 2019 – Started Reading