CekMoNSter's Reviews > Cloaked

Cloaked by Alex Flinn

Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: english, fantasy, favourite-writers, messed-up-plots, romance

So, this is my second YA fantasy from Alex Flinn and I`m glad that she hasn`t failed me yet with her books.

Again, the language for this one was easy for readers, although the plot might be a bit confusing since the scenes in the book kept changing with unpredictable setting. You will never know what to expect for the next one.

This is a story about a boy who works to repair shoes along with her mother in their family business. Despite his work with sometimes rich people who sent in their shoes for repair, he was a poor lad stressing out to clear his family from mountains of debts after his father went missing for years, his whereabouts was mysterious. Until one day, a beautiful princess came to the hotel where his shop was located and asked him in a quest to find a missing frog prince. The adventure continues...

Again, like I said before the plot and fairy tales for this one are quite random that some might even know not off. But fear not, because in the last few pages, the author had included a list of fairy tales stories that she had used, which to be honest, I`m glad to know that some were familiar to me.

I enjoyed reading this, and although it took me longer to finish compared to Beastly, I had no particular disliking to this writing. It was fresh and fun to read, with you never be able to second-guess the next fairy tales the story used and with this ,the author had managed to do a good job.So yeah, a point for that.

About the characters, I was really clueless about the main`s real name. Seriously, his name wasn`t being mention at all ( at least my eyes think so) until the last few couple of pages.Megs was a girl next-door, a very cool character that I like. Philipe aka the prince was a major ass, and Victoriana was funny in terms of her speaking considering that ze French accent that she had iz quite funny.

All in all, a good read! Nuff zaid~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cloaked.