megs_bookrack's Reviews > The First Mistake

The First Mistake by Sandie Jones

bookshelves: arcs-read

The First Mistake was a delight to read. Talk about escaping from your life for a while. This one definitely whisked me away into another person's craziness!

I haven't read a book in under 24-hours in a while and it felt good.

Alice's life hasn't always been perfect, although from the outside it may appear so.

She lost her first husband, Tom, a decade ago and as expected, the tragedy hit her extremely hard. Her young daughter was really what pulled her through.

Now remarried to her second husband, Nathan, they own a successful design company and have added another little girl to their family.

Alice feels motivated and content.

Unfortunately, Nathan starts to behave curiously and all Alice's old anxieties rise to the surface.

Her best friend, Beth, who always has her back, tells her she has every right to be suspicious.

As she begins to look into it, Alice wonders if Beth is even someone she can trust.

There were so many twists, turns and revelations in this book, I could not put it down. My head was spinning. I trusted no one.

I could never have guessed the conclusion to this, not in my wildest dreams!

Thank you so much to the publisher, Minotaur Books, for providing me with a copy of this to read and review.

I am looking forward to reading more domestic suspense from Sandie Jones!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Mistake.

May 10, 2019 – Shelved
May 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
September 20, 2019 – Started Reading
September 20, 2019 –
page 98
32.24% "Off to a great start.
I am feeling a subtlety unreliable narrator!
98-pages in a first sitting is hella good for me.

"
September 21, 2019 –
page 233
76.64% "Phew. Sucked down a wormhole with this one. Quite compelling indeed!"
September 21, 2019 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2020 – Shelved as: arcs-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ahmet (new)

Ahmet Sbaai I like your reviews .. thanks

megs_bookrack Ahmet wrote: "I like your reviews .. thanks" Thank you. More thoughts to come.