Anna's Reviews > Teardrop Shot

Teardrop Shot by Tijan

This author has done it again! Tijan has this way of carefully crafting a story that is both unique and entertaining with complex characters that will put you through all of the feels. The blurb of this book does not do it justice. For me, Teardrop Shot started off feeling a bit lighter than some of her other books in that there was a bit of comedic flair as the heroine, Charlie would spout off random, humorous questions when stressed, nervous or excited however as the story developed, it turned into something so much deeper and put me through an array of deep emotions. There were moments where I was ugly crying, swooning, and feeling hopeful.

Charlie is a quirky, oddball heroine who’s penchant for spewing these random questions made her quite endearing to me. I like that she wasn’t a cookie cutter character. She started off as a fangirl camp groupie towards Reese Forster, but then she bonds with Reese as a man. Charlie was a strong heroine who suffered something heartbreakingly devastating and the author did a great job of showing just how much this affected her all while pulling at my heartstrings. There were times that I thought she was a bit immature in how she handled things, but at the same time, I think that it was fitting with her character.

I absolutely adored Reese. He is an NBA all star for the Seattle Thunder and meets Charlie at Echo Island Camp where their team is training. In the beginning, he isn’t sure what to make of Charlie and you can see this as his responses to her are a bit mercurial - he is humored, then commanding, and then pissy. However, he sees something in her that speaks to him and the two start to form a friendship that later evolves into something more. I love just how insightful and understanding Reese is. He is able to see beyond the jokes and past the mask that she presents to those around her.

My reasons for 4 instead of 5 stars is that I wasn’t too sure about Charlie at the beginning so it took me a bit longer than usual to be fully engaged in the story and I would have loved to have had some chapters told from Reese’s POV. Overall, I really enjoyed this sports romance with its complex, well-developed the characters and its unique plot. I received Teardrop Shot for free and I am definitely looking forward to more books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teardrop Shot.

May 10, 2019 – Shelved