Delilah Bluette's Reviews > Mulligan

Mulligan by Drew Mitchell

it was ok

I did not like this book. I purchased it as an #IndieApril books to support other indie authors. There are a lot of golf related jargon which you will not understand unless you are fluent in golf speak. The descriptions of game action will be nothing but words to you as the author does not attempt to explain what those words mean within the context of the narration.

If you do not understand golf terms fluently, you may not appreciate this book.

But even with that difficulty I find that the absolute revulsion I have toward the main character/protagonist is what made me give it two stars. One of those stars is actually a compensatory star (in case my annoyance with the lack of jargon explanation contributed to my dislike).

If I had know all the golf terms and jargon used I would have given the book one star because it was a difficult book to read. None of the characters were likable, relatable, or even admirable. There's no learning, personal growth, or real conquering of good over evil or vice versa. The writing did not grab me and pull me into the story.

I did find it ironic that the "bad guy" is Robert and the "good guy" is Jones, because Robert Jones was a famous amateur golfer in the 1920's. Give it a try if you like. I won't discourage you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mulligan.

May 10, 2019 – Started Reading
May 10, 2019 – Shelved
October 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Drew Mitchell (new)

Drew Mitchell Hi Delilah - while I am disappointed that you did not enjoy my book, Mulligan, I do thank you for giving it a try! To show my appreciation, I have purchased your book and look forward to reading it. BTW a birdie is one under par. Cheers!

Delilah Bluette I now know that a birdie is one under par. I had to stop reading and research for every golfing scene.