Kylie D's Reviews > A Twist in the Tail

A Twist in the Tail by Leighann Dobbs

bookshelves: aai50b, annual-challenges, monthly-challenges, mystery-crime, netgalley-2019

This book is a lot of fun. We have recently divorced Josie who takes over a crumbling guest house in Oyster Cove, Maine. The house comes with two cats, resident sleuths Nero and Marlowe. Things start off well enough for Josie and her feline friends, then one morning she finds the body of one of her guests in an abandoned wing. With all the clues seeming to point to Josie, can Nero and Marlowe save their new servant before she is arrested for murder?

I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading this book. I loved the banter between the cats, as they try to convey their messages to their 'stupid' new owner. Add to the mix dying seagulls, jealous chefs and a hunky maintenance man, here we have all the ingredients for a lively cosy mystery. I can't wait for the rest of the series! Recommended for all lovers of whodunnits.

My thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Twist in the Tail.

May 10, 2019 – Started Reading
May 10, 2019 – Shelved as: monthly-challenges
May 10, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery-crime
May 10, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley-2019
May 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore Sounds like my kind of book!

Kylie D Lady Clementina wrote: "Sounds like my kind of book!"

I'm sure you'd enjoy it Lady Clementina :)

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Sounds like a lot of fun! Great review Kylie! 💕

Kylie D Nicola wrote: "Sounds like a lot of fun! Great review Kylie! 💕"

This one was a blast, thanks Nicola :)

message 5: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Awesome review, Kylie 💖

Kylie D Thanks Felicia 😊

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome review!💖😉

Kylie D Kat wrote: "Awesome review!💖😉"

Thanks so much Kat :)

message 9: by Li'l Owl (new) - added it

Li'l Owl Wonderful review, Kylie! I've added the first one!

Kylie D Li'l Owl ~ Incorrigible Reader wrote: "Wonderful review, Kylie! I've added the first one!
I have Dobbs' Silver Hallow mysteries and will be reading them next year. Yes, I've had to add a separate shelf for first tbr in 2020. Yikes!"

Thanks Owl :)
An extra shelf hey? So many books out there to read...