Marialyce's Reviews > Chase Darkness with Me: How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen

bookshelves: audible-book, jan-mar, books-of-2019

Sometimes a tragedy can spur one onto doing something, of taking a stand, of getting involved. With the death of his friend, Michele McNamara, the author of I'll Be Gone In the Dark, a book I read and so enjoyed, Billy Jensen becomes involved in the concept and tracking of killers who got away.

With the advent of DNA tracking, many, who were previously living among us, though that was denied the ones they killed, were fated to be found. While Ms McNamara died before the Golden State killer was identified, her relentless and exhaustive research on him was the catalyst to spur Mr Jensen on to taking up the gauntlet pursuing other killers. Jensen was also one of those who assisted in completing Michelle's book after her untimely death.

Through the use of the internet, social media platforms and research, Jensen has helped to solve a number of cases, bringing to justice those who had escaped the consequences of their crime. He presents us with how he was spurred on by his love of true crime stories started early on by the stories his father shared with him and later as a journalist, tuned off by the intrusion into the lives of the bereaved. He turned to the concept of crowd sourcing to catch, to ferret out, and find the perpetrator, bringing to some families a closure of their circle of grief.

The book is fascinating, even providing a how to guide to become your very own investigative detective and help the police to ferret out a possible murderer. I definitely recommend this book to those who enjoy true crime stories and the audible version I listened to narrated by the author was done so very well. Perhaps now with the internet, social media platforms and of course the use of DNA, many more will be brought to justice and the families of those who lost their loved ones will be able to know that while their loved ones have lost their lives, those who killed them might no longer walk among us free to live their life, a life they denied others to have.

According to some statistics, one third of the murders in the United States go unresolved. For many, especially the families of those who were murdered there is no ending, no resolution, no justice until the killer or killers is found, tried and brought to justice. For Jan and I, listening to this book was an eye opening experience as Billy Jensen took us on his journey to bring some resolution to the families, and perhaps in a small way allow justice to be served on those who chose to kill.

For both our reviews and a look at the author you can go here: http://yayareadslotsofbooks.wordpress...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chase Darkness with Me.

May 10, 2019 – Started Reading
May 10, 2019 – Shelved
May 10, 2019 –
May 17, 2019 – Shelved as: audible-book
May 17, 2019 – Shelved as: jan-mar
May 17, 2019 – Shelved as: books-of-2019
May 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Sounds fascinating. Great review, Marialyce !

message 2: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ May have to grab this one. Awesome review, Marialyce.

message 3: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Marialyce! I’m intrigued!

message 4: by Kat (new)