Kahea's Reviews > A Perfect Lie

A Perfect Lie by Lisa Renee Jones

4195039

bookshelves: 2019-books-read, 4-stars, arc, contemporary, college, fiction, mystery-suspense, netgalley-arc, reviewed, triggers

***4 Stars***

I don’t typically read straight mystery/suspense novels, normally they fall under the romantic suspense umbrella, but the cover (the one on NG) and the blurb ~ the way it fucked with my mind (which was kind of cool considering it was just the blurb) peaked my interest and I have to say that this read totally did my mind in (in the best of ways, of course) and left me in that weird and wonderful realm of being satisfied and yet still questioning what was truth and what was the lie.

Hailey absolutely fascinated me. She was the lie and yet she was the truth as well of everything that was going on around her and happening to her. I enjoyed the fact that we got to be in her mind and see how she saw things without actually knowing her. Yes, things unravel, but there were still questions, the doubt, the concerns about her that had me wondering right up to the very end just how involved she truly was in all that went down.

This is my first read by the author, and what a read it was. It’s not a short read by any means, but it was a fascinating one with all the twists and turns and how the story was laid out with flashbacks and present day flip flopping going on. It’s filled with characters that are all suspect in one way or another (well, maybe with one or two exceptions), Hailey included, but they definitely brought depth to a story built on deception, manipulation, power and greed. So, if you’re looking for a good mystery/suspense then give this one a go!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Lie.

May 8, 2019 – Started Reading