Linnéa's Reviews > Almost

Almost by Anne Eliot

Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: ya, kindle, favourite, favorites, own, my-ebooks, contemporary
Recommended for: Those who like YA books
Read from February 20 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

I really liked this book. Got it as a free book for my iPhone and iPad Kindle App, so I didn't have to high hopes for it but the "cover info" still made me hope that it would be able to enrich my everyday life in some way. And it did. Sure there were a few misspellings and such but the language was nice, it floated easily and the story itself was at a plausible level. The books underlying black story about the night changed the two peoples lives was given just the right amount of attention to keep the importance of the subject alive without taking away the heat from the love that enfolded in front of my eyes.

The book had me laughing, closing my eyes and made me not wanting to put it down. I wish, though, that there would be a sequel just to let me know how Jess and Gray's story evolved. But at the same time the ending was just enough, and who wants to ruin a good book?

Another thing I liked was the fact that the book changed perspectives in a natural way that let me see the inside of both characters heads without putting the story to a halt. I don't know how many books I've read where I would die to see the story from other characters point of view. And here I did.

So thank you Anne Eliot for a nicely written and ever so sweet story about two peoples love and, kind of unknowingly, shared secret.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost.