Amber's Reviews > Axe

Axe by Rachelle Ayala

Read 2 times. Last read May 5, 2019 to May 7, 2019.

Bad Boys for Hire: Axe is a spectacular whirlwind that took my heart by storm. I never expected such vibrant and intense characters to stir my soul so deeply. Nothing could have ever prepared for me this wonderful journey. It was completely unexpected and yet it is was the only possibility for these two deeply secretive yet impossibly passionately people. The heights of emotion surrounding the enormity of their mission had me on the edge of my seat the enter time. When nothing is as it seems, no one can truly be trusted and the heart protectively burrows so deep within as to not exist anymore. What a fabulous romantic suspense that will keep you enthralled until the very end!

Leanna is keeping a secret from even her closest of friends. They don’t know everything about her like they think they do. She is a puzzle; a quiet enigma that is it once and for all, but she needs the help of an unconventional ally. Axe is an intimidating specimen of a man. Undeniably handsome and built like a football linebacker, he never suffers for female attention. However, there is much more to him than meets the eye. He is also playing a part; a part he wishes to rewrite with artistic license. When Axe puts his life on the line to help Leanna, they both uncover more secrets than they ever dreamed possible in one lifetime. When fate crosses swords with the heart, will those involved come out unscathed, or will the remnants of their life turn their world upside down for good leaving them grasping for happiness and security?

Throughout this series, I have been kept wondering about Leanna and Axe. They worked so hard to keep their act together and pristine, and because of that effort, I knew that something was lingering behind waiting to be discovered. I never imagined the intense magnetic attraction between these two beautiful characters. They worked so hard to keep themselves apart, and finally we see just how combustible they are together. Talk about a thrilling kinetic reaction! There is nothing like the depths of their passion for each other and their families. It is the very fire that has forged the precious core of who are they. I have savored and cherished every part of their journey together. No matter how ugly or how good it became, every part of it was necessary in order to bring these two people and their families together. Hell itself can be a blessing if it brings us to the heaven that we have waited our entire life to experience.

I find myself devouring each and every book written by Rachelle Ayala. She has such a beautiful and creative spirit that effortlessly touches each of her readers who fall into her worlds and love everything about them. Inspiration and hope invades our hearts no matter how much we guard our hearts because nothing can stop those powerful forces. Their vehicle is our very soul. They fly through our world on the wings of love and know no boundaries. This is the type of stories that Ayala creates, and I look forward to reading her amazing stories for many years to come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Axe.

Finished Reading