Pia's Reviews > Awesome

Awesome by Jack Pendarvis

141903
Jul 24, 2008

bookshelves: bookstorushinto

I'd follow the giant in the derby anywhere. Hell, I think I just did. This is Jack Pendarvis' sexiest book. It's also funny, brainy, goofy, surprising. I'm in awe of his imagination. What a treat.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awesome.

Teresa I saw Jack last night, but will have to wait to read his book until my daughter is done with it -- she has first tabs on any JP. I read your website yesterday and talked to Jack last night after the library event: I felt very sad at the loss of your laptop, so I can imagine how devastated you must feel. A dose of Jack probably came at the right time -- he's so good for the laughing soul.

message 2: by Pia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pia You're going to love this book, Teresa. You can't believe how his imagination moves around. And it's crazy-funny. Let me know what your daughter thinks.

The laptop - dumb, dumb, dumb to leave it - but I'm trying to reconstruct the recent work I'd done on the novel.

Teresa I finished it last night - and you were so right! Rhea read some of it (and loved it), but handed it to me the other day before finishing, as she had no time to read and knew I'd get it back to her quickly.

Good luck! I can't wait to read your first novel as well.

Sharon Guess what?! JP promoted you and Famous Fathers at his very Awesome workshop/reading in Tempe last night!

message 5: by Pia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pia No way. That is so nice. He did a workshop and a reading? That sounds great.