Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩'s Reviews > doyenne.

doyenne. by Anne Malcom

bookshelves: 2019, arc, dual-pov, killer, suspense, thriller

✩★ The Blog Tour ★✩

Charlotte clutches control like a miser. She's learned that the hard way that loss of control leads to destruction. So she's worked her way to the top, living out her lofty dreams behind the walls of her ivory tower, reigning over her empire with the cunning and calculation most men wish to possess. She's the envy of everyone. The billionairess no one wants to displease. She's cold... she's brutal... but can she be lethal? Someone's out to kill her and they're not giving up. A stranger keeps stepping in to save her life. Who is he? What are his motives? And can the woman who depends on no one count on him to keep her alive?

While I found Charlotte abrasive and really, really rude most of the time, I admired the heck out of her. She was fierce and didn't allow for failure. She had high expectations for herself and for those around her. She didn't wait on people to do things for her that she could do herself. She didn't allow herself to show weakness, not even to family. She lived in a straight line and had no time for anything or anyone who tempted her to veer from that path. Until Jacob. This fine, hot, sexy, deadly combination of a man was the opposite of everything she held dear. He was control and with him she had none. He couldn't be caged, he couldn't be dictated to, and he wouldn't follow orders. I loved how completely he wrecked her. These two were such beautiful chaos.

Steeped in suspense and death, this story was unlike anything I've ever read before and I liked how unpredictable it was. I had no idea what would happen next and had no clue how it would end. It was full of pain and little glimmers of hope and these characters were realists who understood that happily ever after was for fairy tales. I was charmed by how raw this story felt and I wouldn't mind seeing Jacob pop up again in another book.

Blog | FB | Twitter | IG | Tumblr | Pinterest | BookBub

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read doyenne..

May 8, 2019 – Shelved
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: killer
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller
June 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

❤️ Paulette Enjoy L💕ve🔥💋

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve🔥💋"

Thanks! 💋💋💋

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Natalie!!💖💋👍

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Natalie!!💖💋👍"

Thank you, honey!💋💋

Eve (Between The Bookends) Fab review, Sweets! <3

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Fab review, Sweets! <3"

Thanks babe!💋

❤️ Paulette Natalie wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve🔥💋"

Thanks! 💋💋💋"

My absolute pleasure, L💕ve ツ !

message 8: by Hailey (new) - added it

Hailey Amazing review, sounds so good!😊💜

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Hailey wrote: "Amazing review, sounds so good!😊💜"

Thanks hon! And it is :D 💋

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Amazing review..Glad you enjoyed because I have this one coming up too!! xox

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Amazing review..Glad you enjoyed because I have this one coming up too!! xox"

Thank you, baby boo! I hope you freaking love it!! 💋

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Super review huni 💕💕

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Michelle wrote: "Super review huni 💕💕"

Thank you, sweetheart! 💋

message 14: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah G. Great review Natalie. This one looks so good! It's on my list.

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Deborah wrote: "Great review Natalie. This one looks so good! It's on my list."

I hope you love it, Deb! And thanks!! 💋

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Glad you enjoyed!! xx

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Glad you enjoyed!! xx"

Thank you, Jenny! 💋