Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Sweet Home Louisiana

Sweet Home Louisiana by Erin Nicholas

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

There is nothing I love better than a second chance romance and I especially love it when the couple doesn’t rehash their past and blame each other for their break-up throughout the book which made Sweet Home Louisiana a perfect book for me. Over a decade apart hasn’t changed the chemistry between Owen Landry and Madison Allain and although she is now more California girl, he is betting that a little time in Autre the Bayou girl will come back out to play.

When Madison Allain’s brother died in a horrible accident, she inherited thirty-five percent of the Boys of the Bayou tour company he owned with his best friends, a company started by their grandparents decades before, but the monthly reminders of the life she left behind are too much and in order to sell her share in the business she must return to Autre and work the business for 30 days before she can bring in an outside of the family buyer.

Someone bring me a fan and a big ol’ glass of sweet tea because I need to cool off after reading Sweet Home Louisiana. Years apart hasn’t dulled their attraction and with each passing day Maddie’s feelings towards Autre, the family she left behind, and Owen grows and she even finds that working the business gives her a sense of satisfaction she didn’t expect. I felt for both of them because it was easy to see they had real feelings for one another, but Maddie’s fear of them turning into her parents was a huge issue which is the reason she left in the first place. I loved that Owen was determined to show Maddie they had matured and the mistakes of their past were youthful indiscretions and how willing he was to do anything to have her back in his life. Working beside Owen and his cousins gave Maddie a respect for the way they loved the bayou, the business, and entertaining the tourists.

It was hard not to love these characters, their crazy families, and the winding path that had them falling in love all over again. Not only did Ms. Nicholas give us a fun filled, high spirited, and completely entertaining love story in Sweet Home Louisiana, she dropped some key hints about what’s to come leaving her readers wanting more and more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Home Louisiana.

Started Reading