Sally Pearce's Reviews > The Good Father

F 50x66
Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read in January, 2012

3.5 stars ( I really wish the somehow goodreads could give us the option of half stars!)

How do I begin to review this book? I guess, first, I would suggest that you start this one when you have time to read a good way into it. I didn't and I found myself confused by all the characters.
Each chapter is written in the first person by the character named at the beginning. Sometimes it was in the present and sometimes it went back to the past. I finally got so I could follow it without difficulty, but it took a while.

The book was good and certainly kept me reading, wanting to know what would happen next. That was after I sorted out the characters. The writing was good as was the story (even though it was not really believable. I won't spoil it for other readers by getting into all the plot line.

The father, Travis. was basically a good one, if his actions were unbelievable. His love for daughter, Bella, showed throughout the book.

This is certainly a worthwhile read. It is my first experience with this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Father.