PP's Bookshelf's Reviews > On the Way Back

On the Way Back by Ella Fox

Ella Fox made the wait for the conclusion of the Retake duet totally worth it. She dug deep into the characters and made me feel every emotion. It is a must read if you love to read about healing power of true love.

It is hard to talk about the story line in case you have not read the first book. Garrett and Shaelyn have suffered a great loss. And it broke Shaelyn. And after months of struggle when she was getting her pieces back together, another larger than life tragedy struck her. Can she overcome it? Will she realize life is too short to hold back her love?

I loved Garrett's character. This story had lots of chapters from Garrett's POV and I liked that a lot. He is an amazing man. Always supportive, protective and caring even when his own heart is breaking from all the hurt. Shaelyn's character changed a lot through the book. I was captivated by the author's expression of emotions. The heartbreaking grief and suffering touched my heart deeply. The love they had was trully real and amazing.

Ella Fox has put a lot of heartfelt intense emotions in On the Way Back. She has expertly and honestly took me through the journey of true love and survival after losing everything. I connected with the couple deep in my heart and that is a really important reason to call it a great read.

Received ARC for Honest Review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Way Back.

May 8, 2019 – Started Reading