Holly's Reviews > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee

6019502
I love absolutely every. single. thing. about this book:

-our main character, Amber;
-Dean;
-Amber’s incredible relationship with her parents, who are some of the most amazing parent characters I’ve seen in YA;
-Dean’s relationship with his siblings, especially his younger sister, Tessa;
-Amber’s best friends, Hannah and Jake;
-Dean;
-all the white-hat hacking and coding talk;
-Amber’s issues with trust and Dean’s overwhelming desire to be the one she can finally trust;
-the sex-positive discussions and beautiful portrayal, in YA-appropriate fashion, of one’s first time having sex;
-Dean;
-the honest and unflinching look at relationship abuse and issues of consent;
-the pitch-perfect teen voice in the questions sent in to Amber’s Ask Me Anything site;
-and, oh, did I mention...DEAN?!

Seriously, this book is close to perfection, and I highly recommend it to any fan of YA contemporaries. I think it’s obvious from my bullet points above that there is frank discussion of sex, sexual abuse/trauma, LGBTQ relationships, and more here, that may require a warning for some readers (either due to age or potential triggers), but I have to say I find this book so refreshing and honest and, frankly, educational that I would not hesitate to give it to a teen reader. Love, love, love Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee and cannot recommend it highly enough!

Rating: 5 heartfelt stars!

**Disclosure: I received an early e-copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This review is voluntary on my part and reflects my honest rating and review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me Anything.

May 5, 2019 – Started Reading