Sistar Tea's Reviews > Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate

Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate by Iris Bolling

Read 2 times. Last read February 24, 2012.

Not Your Average Romance Novel

I am going to try to find the words to explain how much I revere this authors work. She is nothing short of amazing. I have read and loved all seven of her books. I absolutely enjoyed and raved about each and every last one. I knew from the first book she was going to be a shining star. I will support any book she writes; she could rewrite the three little pigs and I would swear it’s going to be her best work yet. Ms. Bolling can't publish books quick enough for me as I crave her next release. I give credit where credit is due, she does great job of not keeping her followers waiting too long. While this was a much different read than the beloved "Heart Series”, It is just as good in style and her grace shines through in this novel.

Two sisters, two brothers - one night changes their lives forever. Sounds out there but it works so well. Tekaya "TK" Kendrick is a photographer who has a gig at R&B crooner Eric "Silk" Davies concert. Siri Austin is TK older sister. Having not been herself lately after dealing with a very public divorce, TK badgers her to attend concert to lift her sprits. Siri has a front row seat and Silk is drawn to her as he is singing he cant take his eyes off of her. At the after party TK meets up with Jason Davies a music exec who is Silk older brother. The sparks fly with these two. While a close encounter with Siri and Silk happens it doesn't flourish like their siblings as Siri pumps the breaks and Silk vows to win her heart. This becomes a true page turner to see how these potential couples interact with each other.

Add in the other players and you won’t be able to stop reading. I've said from the very first book of this authors, her books need a disclaimer "will keep you up reading ‘til you get to the end." Tyrone "TY" Pendleton the Davies "adopted" brother and lawyer always has their best interest at heart and will not let any harm come to them. Lotoya Wright is the mother of Jason’s daughter Sierra and she is nothing but trifling. Kiki is Siri’s agent and she adds flair to the story. The mothers Miriam Davies and Kerri Kendrick are the funniest with trying to get their kids together. Add in Nana and they are a riot.

Ms Bolling does not disappoint in this book. If you loved "The Heart Series" you will continue with this story. "Night of Seduction" will have you wanting to be in love. True to form all the men in this novel are strong, sexy, career oriented black men. Likewise, the women have it going on also. As I am at the end of each of her novels, I eagerly await her next novel with baited breath. We ask authors to give us something different let us see what else in the arsenal. Ms Bolling took that and ran with it and the result, a stellar performance.

SiStar Tea
ARC Book Club Inc.
5 star rating

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of Seduction/Heaven's Gate.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
February 21, 2012 – Shelved
February 21, 2012 –
February 22, 2012 –
Started Reading
February 24, 2012 –
February 24, 2012 – Finished Reading
February 1, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)