Karen's Reviews > Maybe Someday

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

190448

it was ok

2.5 stars.

I read this whole novel in one sitting. Well, I listened to it. That's 5+ hours on a week day. I just could not stop once I had started and that alone makes this novel a 2.5 star rating for me. I liked the story and I liked the two main characters, even a few of the side characters. But here's where things come to a halt for me, this story felt empty in the end for me. It felt like an appetizer or a dish with empty calories. It didn't satisfy me deeply. Maybe because it felt like it stayed too on the surface for the kind of stories I like to read. Sometimes I am in the mood for this type of meal/book but maybe this time I wasn't. It felt like I was since I pretty much inhaled the novel but alas afterwards I was left with an empty feeling. Much of the character development/depth was either offscreen or through telling and not showing and maybe that's why I felt like I wasn't really experiencing the novel. Having said all that, dialogue was great, and the pacing is just so unputdownable. Sometimes empty calories are just fine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe Someday.

May 7, 2019 – Started Reading