Igor Stojanov's Reviews > Power vs. Force

Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins

This book is of profound depth and insight into the nature of the Self. I have rarely come across such a book where every single word, every single sentence and every single paragraph flows with the utmost ease. I seems that the consciousness which wrote this book does not belong to a person, but that which is beyond the I.

If you can't comprehend the following paragraph then this is not the right book for you.
Awareness itself is beyond even consciousness. Therefore, it may be said that the Absolute is unknowable exactly because it’s beyond knowing, or beyond the reach of consciousness itself. Those who have attained such a state of awareness report that it can’t be described and can have no meaning for anyone without the experience of that context. Nonetheless, this is the true state of Reality, universally and eternally—we merely fail to recognize it. Such a recognition is the essence of enlightenment and the final resolution of the evolution of consciousness, to the point of self-transcendence.

Dr. Hawkins in this book begins to explain his technique of kinesiology which he uses to calibrate different consciousness levels. And eventually, he separates consciousness levels into two distinct categories: power and force. Force is the lower level consciousness which is rooted in the material world and that typically serves the Ego. It relies on force, deception and is limited. Power on the other hand is the higher level consciousness which is rooted beyond the material world and serves the universal purpose. It relies on love, compassion and is unlimited. Power is always superior to force.

Here are some exceprts from the book which I liked:

-Follow this fascinating journey and you’ll see how easy it can be to raise your consciousness to the levels of power, rather than force, so that you can become one of those who is awake and aware in this world. Your life will certainly never be the same.

-But nothing is ever “true,” except under certain circumstances, and then only from a particular viewpoint, characteristically unstated.

-Man thinks he lives by virtue of the forces he can control, but in fact, he’s governed by power from unrevealed sources, power over which he has no control. Because power is effortless, it goes unseen and unsuspected

-At this more evolved stage, nothing “out there” has the capacity to make one happy, and love isn’t something that’s given or taken away by another, but is created from within.

-The actual effect of drugs is merely to suppress the lower energy fields, thereby allowing the user to exclusively experience the higher ones. It’s as though a filter screened out all the lower tones coming from an orchestra so that all that could be heard were the high notes. The suppression of the low notes doesn’t create the high ones; it merely reveals them.

-There is great freedom in the realization that I “have” a body and a mind, rather than I “am” my mind or body. Once the fear of death is transcended, life becomes a transformed experience because that particular fear underlies all others.

-when we lose our spirit, we die—we expire from lack of that which inspires.

-Human history is the record of man’s struggle to comprehend truths that have appeared obvious to those of genius. Genius is by definition a style of consciousness characterized by the ability to access high-energy attractor patterns.

-And there’s nothing the mind believes that isn’t erroneous at a higher level of awareness

-truth is whatever is subjectively convincing at one’s current level of perception.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power vs. Force.

May 7, 2019 – Shelved