Rebecca's Reviews > Eli's Triumph

Eli's Triumph by Joanna Wylde

Eli King and Peaches Taylor’s long-standing feud illustrates why they love to hate each other and why they’re more frenemies than anything else. There’s a long history between them of pulling pranks and sabotaging each other’s lives in any number of ways, which only amplifies their current situation given that they’re vying to purchase the same bar and neither of them is willing to relent one iota because they refuse to lose out on their dream of owning the bar they’ve both worked at.

The push and pull between these two is evident from their very first encounter and the fact that they ultimately have the same end game makes things even more tenuous for them. Both Eli and Peaches are extremely stubborn, which means that as much as their lust for each other seems to be obvious to onlookers, they won’t admit anything and refuse to give any ground to the other, which means it’s war between this alpha biker and spitfire and either could end up the victor because that’s how much they both want to win.

The back and forth banter between Eli and Peaches is quite comical and it builds up the sexual tension that surrounds them because neither one is willing to stop pressing each other’s buttons or to let go of their past antics and bad behavior, which means that when these to finally do give into their need for one another, it’s going to be an epic explosion of pent up feelings and desires.

I really enjoyed reading Eli and Peaches’ story, but I did wish more details were given and further discussion about their relationship was provided. This might be due, though, to the fact that I haven’t been back in Wylde’s Reapers’ world for so long and because it’s one of the first biker romance series that I read that started my love for all things bikers that I wanted to spend more time with the Reapers until the next story is released. Either way, Eli’s Triumph is a sexy, humorous, and heartfelt read that allowed me to re-enter a world I adore!

4 Poison Apples (The Fairest of All Book Reviews)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eli's Triumph.

May 7, 2019 – Started Reading