Ann Lorz's Reviews > One Night in Christmas

One Night in Christmas by Debbie Mason

bookshelves: business-owner, contemporary, family, humor, police, small-town

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I'm always excited when I see a new Debbie Mason book coming out. May it be a novella or a mass market it doesn't matter to me. All I know is that for the time it takes me to read it I'm going to be visiting with people that I love.

Mason has this wonderful ability to make me start out loving a character than it turns to hate and comes back to either love or at least I tolerate them. Of course, they don't always have to be the main characters in the book. Hell, their book might now even be written yet. Those are the ones that get me the most. I now have to wait to see if I'm going to keep hating them. Ha!

For me, One Night in Christmas is a bag of mixed nuts. I really loved Sophia and Adam. Yes, I had issues with them but not that much. Sophia sent so much of her time trying to make sure her friend Autumn was happy that I think she forgot about herself.

It was Autumn and Logan that just drove me nuts. I can honestly say that my eyes Logan is no hero. He's a childish baby who only thinks about himself. My two-year-old nephew has fewer temper tantrums then him. And even though when the chips were down Autumn was going in my eyes do Sophia wrong. I don't want to give to much away so I'm going to stop there. The good news for this story is that it's mostly about Sophia and Adam so I enjoyed 95% of it. The other 5% is Logan and Autumn.

That's the wonderful thing about series you really get to feel like you know the characters and town and become invested in their lives to the point where you pick sides. You really wish you could just yell at them to do it this way! Of course, that would be nuts and make for a weird story. Characters have to be themselves.

Even with those who aren't my favorite, the story is very good and so worth the read. It's fast paced so you'll be done with it before you know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night in Christmas.

May 7, 2019 – Started Reading