Alicia's Reviews > Splintered - Criminal Delights: Obsession

Splintered - Criminal Delights by Tal Bauer

U 50x66

I had some reservations about reading this book (although I love the author), because I'm a huge wimp and was afraid it might be too scary for me. As it turned out, it wasn't. If you can watch Supernatural, you can read this book. I guess I'll also say if you DO watch Supernatural, you probably won't be surprised by much that happens in this book.

That's a pretty negative way to start a review of a book I really did like—but didn't LOVE. I don't want to give away too much about the story, because it is worth reading! I think in the end my feeling was that this needed to be longer. I wanted to get to know the characters before things started going wrong, so I was more invested in them, and I wanted to see more between the end of the main story and the epilogue. However, Bauer always manages to pull me in, and the scene between Ben and Evan's parents ripped my heart out (view spoiler). This isn't my favorite Bauer book, but it's a good read.

This review was based on a complimentary prerelease copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splintered - Criminal Delights.

May 6, 2019 – Started Reading