Carole's Reviews > Splintered - Criminal Delights: Obsession

Splintered - Criminal Delights by Tal Bauer

Not a book to read on a dark, stormy night! I read my copy on a cross-country fight with 300 strangers who probably wondered what the old lady in the third row was squeaking about.
This old lady was squeaking about (spoilers) true love, demons, exorcism, the wonder of unexpected parental acceptance, and... what true love will do in the face of unimaginable horror.
The book was beautifully written, as Tal Bauer always writes. Definitely not his usual style. Not MY usual style.
It’s part of a collected group of books called Criminal Delights, but is stand-alone for sure. I have not read any of the others.
Note: don’t skip to the end to see what happens (my bad habit). Read it straight through. You won’t be disappointed.
Tal sent me an ARC for this one, but I bought my own copy because this book is awesome.
You know how sometimes you just can’t suspend your disbelief to fall into a book? Not this one. I believed every word, and I don’t think I started breathing again for an hour after I finished.
Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splintered - Criminal Delights.

May 6, 2019 – Started Reading