Alaina's Reviews > Crown of Coral and Pearl

Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford

50620706

bookshelves: september-2019, 2019-ng-group-challenge, 2019-arcs, fantasy, fiction, young-adult

I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Spoilers below.

Crown of Coral and Pearl was a lot of fun to dive into. In it, you will meet Zadie and Nor. Twin sisters that live in a place where beauty gives you status (in a way). Now these two definitely had their ups and downs. Nor was in an accident when she was younger, an accident that ended up saving her sister's life. Yet, since that day she lost value in her own mother's eyes. It was okay though because Zadie and her dad both adored her.

Now I loved Nor. Heck, I liked Zadie but she wasn't my absolute favorite. At one point, I kind of felt like she was a bit selfish. I get that she found love in her hometown but all the girls knew that they could be the chosen one to marry the crown prince. Yeah, it sucked ass for her that she was picked but she put her life at risk just so that she could get out of it.

Plus, I don't like how their own mother treated Nor. Ugh, if I could pick any book to reach into and slap a character - this one would be it. I hope in the next book her mother realizes how much of a twat she was. I'm also a bit intrigued as to what is going to happen. I definitely have a feeling that things aren't going to go Nor's way. Even though Talin is with her, which they are so freaking cute! I totally ship them and want them to be together in the next one.. but I have a feeling his mom is going to pull them apart.

Ugh, I need the next book ASAP!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Coral and Pearl.

May 6, 2019 – Shelved