Anna Hirsch's Reviews > Drawing Bloodlines

Drawing Bloodlines by Deborah  Garland

Drawing Bloodlines (The Princeton Allegiant Series Book 1) by Deborah Garland
4 Stars

This is the first book that I have read from this author. I love vampire novels and Ms. Garland put some interesting twists in this story. Her vampires have some unique traits that I appreciated.

Elizabeth is a teacher trying to adjust to being a single mother. While at the doctor’s having a blood test done, she catches the doctor drinking her blood from a vial. Alexander is overwhelmed with the scent of her blood and drinks it. When he realizes that she saw him, he stalks her fully intending to wipe the incident from her mind.

The attraction between them is too strong and they enter into a relationship. It’s doomed from the start for vampires are not allowed to mate with humans. When a Commander chooses him to be her mate, Alexander desperately searches for a way out. He refuses to be stuck with someone he hates for all eternity. This leads to some interesting situations and an ending that you never see coming. What an ending! The author leaves enough open to be able to continue the series. I’m hoping the next book is about Loren and Julianna.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawing Bloodlines.

May 6, 2019 – Started Reading