angelareadsbooks's Reviews > Following Jesus: Finding Our Way Home in an Age of Anxiety

Following Jesus by Henri J.M. Nouwen

I have been a long time fan of the works of Henri Nouwen. So many of them have meant so much to me in my own personal faith journey. So of course when I had the chance to read an early copy of some of his writings, I was thrilled. I have so many books to read so you know it’s a big deal when I’m reading a book that releases in September in May!

Following Jesus, much like his other works, is deeply thought provoking and quietly contemplative. Nouwen’s writings have the ability to make me stop and ponder life and the way I live it. Each section tackles a different aspect of the spiritual life and what it means to follow Jesus today. I particularly loved the sections he had written on scarcity and abundance. In our current cultural climate so much of our fear based rhetoric is based on a belief in scarcity. But as those who follow Jesus, we know that we have been given all we need and have been invited into abundant life. This section and so many others spoke to me.

Whether you are new to Nouwen or a long time fan, I wholeheartedly recommend this book. I can’t wait to get my hands on a finish copy!

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Following Jesus.

May 5, 2019 – Shelved