Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Through the Fire

Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle

Through the Fire is book four in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit series by Katie Ruggle.

I’ve enjoyed the audiobooks for this series. Each novel brings us a new couple to fall in love with and keeps the previous characters in the story.

We are treated to the small town of Monroe and it’s tough men and women who live in and around it as they deal with the troubles from outside forces that come their way. The author has weaved an ongoing plot arc around the women who end up in this town and who are hiding from organizations that want them dead. In Through the Fire the author twists this idea around in that it’s not the heroine on the run, but a new female K9 police officer Kit Jernigan who is about to get involved in the happens in Monroe and her love interest, Wes March, a nerdy, somewhat awkward, but handsome fire watcher.

This tale picks up shortly after Survive the Night. We are treated to action, suspense, and geeky moments. Kit’s first meet with Wesley is a bit awkward and then she is soon meeting her fellow officers Theo, Hugh, and Otto. This meet kicks off her instincts and she knows something is off.

The suspenseful plot that started in Run to Ground with Jules and her siblings is wrapped up here. Sam stole my heart in book one as did all the kids, but here we get to spend more time with him as Kit helps him to train a dog.

The romance was a slow sweet burn. Wes is such a sweet man, if not a little awkward. When Kit and Wes interacted they made me grin. I will say Ruggle did surprise me with the ending. I never saw it coming. I also loved the HEA and that this group of men and women all becoming good friends.

Narration: Callie Beaulieu has been the narrator for this series. She’s done a stellar job with the voices, capturing the emotions, and building up the suspense. I’d recommend the audiobooks for the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit.

**Note: I did win a complementary paperback ARC copy, but deiced to listen to the audio from my library instead.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Fire.

May 5, 2019 – Shelved
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: fav-contemporary-books
May 22, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 12, 2019 – Shelved as: gift-or-won-books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Great review Angela!💋💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Great review Angela!💋💖"

Thank you!