Anna Marie 's Reviews > The Huntress

The Huntress by Kate Quinn

liked it

I don't often read historical fiction, for reasons I'm not really willing to explore. This book is set between alternating worlds of four sets of main characters: one is an escaped Nazi war criminal who disappears, another set is the group of people who are trying to hunt her, another is a Russian pilot in the Women's Pilot Brigade, and another is a teenage girl and her father.

Several parts of the book were fascinating: the pursuit of justice which engages the Nazi hunters; the whole plotline of a female pilot in the Russian Army; the way the Nazi reinvents herself as a 1950's housewife; and the teenage girl with a camera and a fiery intellect.

I knew absolutely nothing about the Russian Women pilots of World War II, and the novel really brings these women to life. This article explains quite a bit:(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_...)

That being said, the book was about 50 pages too long. A few trims and nips might have done the trick. It dragged in places. Overall, the characters were engaging and real, and It was a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Huntress.

April 15, 2019 – Started Reading