Jami Lilo's Reviews > Alabaster Dangermond and Astrid's Jewel

Alabaster Dangermond and Astrid's Jewel by Jason VanHorn

Having loved the first Alabaster Dangermond book, I was excited to read the second installment, as was my son. It dives right in with favorites, Al and Turnkey, with many of the other familiar characters already in place. Personally, I enjoy the complexity of the characters, who are not always good or bad, being more driven by their circumstance and well-developed personalities. Katya is outstanding, being both smart and mysterious, and the relationship between MaryAnne and A.I. robot, Tee, is quite enjoyable. There is a fulfilling amount of both action, spy gear, exotic locations, and comic relief. The pacing is fast and the cliff hangers had me constantly turning the page to see how Al and friends would get out of their latest figurative quicksand. I can't wait for the next one!

A super fun bonus to the Kindle version is it has QR codes to scan to follow the action on a map. I have no idea about technology, but I just hit the highlighted latitude/longitude and it took me to the map. My son thought that was really cool. Also, there are secret codes hidden in bold that allows the reader to be an agent via the alabasterdangermond.com website.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alabaster Dangermond and Astrid's Jewel.

Started Reading