Elise Wilson's Reviews > Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Feb 20, 2012

This is actually my second time reading this book. It has helped me deal with issues of anxiety -- of worrying too much, particularly about things I can't control anyway. Thus, the battlefield of the mind. The book teaches me (I'm still working on this issue.) how to lean on God, how to, as folks say, let go and let God. The result is a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Joyce Meyers writes with such simplicity for such a complicated subject. The book is broken down in chapters, each dealing with an aspect of the mind and the many ways we allow certain factors to control our thinking and consequently our behavior. It is an easy read in the sense that her writing is plain and to the point. She supports her assertions with Scriptures -- which I love, since, as Christians, we are to be rooted in the Word if we are to overcome battlefields, like those that seek to conquer our minds.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who tends to worry or have anxiety issues. It wouldn't have sold over a million copies had it not benefited so many people. It is a "go-to" book for me, when I find myself worrying too much, which is why I'm reading it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Battlefield of the Mind.

Started Reading
January 16, 2012 – Finished Reading
February 20, 2012 – Shelved

message 1: by Pandora (new) - added it

Pandora How do you get to the book?.

message 2: by Alesia (new)

Alesia M. I loved it !

message 3: by Mitzi (new)

Mitzi Odom it made me learn how to change my thinking to positive instead of looking at every thing negative. to believe good things can happen to you with gods help !!! i loved it.

message 4: by Shallen (new) - added it

Shallen Skinner I'm going through a battlefield too

message 5: by Shallen (new) - added it

Shallen Skinner Sad case Smh.....

Asia I absolutely agree. It had helped me sooo much. I wish I would have been obedient & read it when it was first recommended.

message 7: by April (new) - added it

April Vaughn Is the book worth reading? I have never read it yet but I was thinking about reading it I just don't know if it's worth it or not. Please let me know what you think about it?