Lori D's Reviews > Fool's Gold

Fool's Gold by Cari Davis

bookshelves: american-west, great-cover, historical-western, suspense

This book grabbed me from the first page! A woman was poisoned and her daughter Emma saw what happened. She was so afraid and sent word to her aunt Melissa in California that she needed her. Melissa had married a man years ago, just to get away from her terrible brothers, and feeling her father had been poisoned but they would not listen to her. Shifting to Califonia and Melissa husband had died and she was determined to get to her niece.
But what to do? She had no money left and she had been attacked. It seemed fate had a hand though as the brother to the banker in town asked her to accompany him and pretend to be his wife. What? Oh yes, Sebastian had to escort his young ward to Boston to meet family before she comes back to wed. So this was Melissa's chance to get to Louisiana to help Emma. But could this be a journey that these two find an attraction?
I will say no more because there is so much mystery and suspense that is woven in the wonderful story. The author brought the characters and the surroundings alive with her descriptions and I almost held my breath until the end. There are several events going on and trust me you will be glued to the pages! Really enjoyed this story!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Gold.

Finished Reading