Esther Barajikian's Reviews > My Name Is Not Isabella

Feb 20, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in February, 2012

"My Name is Not Isabella" is a beautiful picture book that tells the story of a little girl with a big imagination. This book would most likely appeal to primary readers with its brightly illustrated pictures and easy-read style. I enjoyed the book and gave it a 3-star rating.

From the moment she awakes until the time she falls asleep, Isabella imagines herself as a variety of strong, intelligent, and influential women. As Isabella dreams of herself being an astronaut named Sally, a scientist named Marie, and a doctor named Elizabeth, the adult reader begins to realize that they are not simply fictitious characters. Isabella has be told the stories of influential women who have impacted the world and she dreams of becoming one herself.

At the close of the story, Isabella dreams of becoming "Mommy," the greatest and sweetest woman who has ever lived. The book inspires mothers to teach their daughters to dream and daughters to reach for the stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name Is Not Isabella.